Friday, February 25, 2011

making a new friend

my garden and i are not friends at the moment

i don't like mess (believe it or not) and my garden is a giant heap of mess. there are weeds every where. there are plants growing rampantly. there are plants dieing quietly. there are trees dropping their leaves into my guttering. there are paths somewhere under the grass and weeds and garden. there are BINDIS (rotten horrible nasty little prickly things in no way resembling bindi irwin at all)in my lawn/paths/driveway/everywhere.

it was a lovely garden...when we first moved in. and then the baby arrived. and then it was winter. and then i got lazy. and then life got busy. and then....<<insert random excuse here>>...you know how it goes. so this year...2011...i have a plan. i want to be my garden's best friend. i want to enjoy going out into my garden instead of shuddering every time i go near it.

what is my plan?

no less than 30 minutes a day. a little bit at a time. then hopefully the big enormous mountain of  a job that it is will slowly but surely be defeated and turned into a thing of beauty

stay tuned

1 comment: